Tuesday, August 4, 2009

2 Week Checkup

We took Sam to see Dr. Sherwood today for his two-week checkup. It was so neat to be able to take our baby back to the sweet lady who was my and Adam's pediatrician growing up. She couldn't believe that two of her "babies" were back with their baby! She thought Sam was a cutie and he looked great. She said he was very spunky and active to be so little. It looks like I am going to have a very busy little guy to chase after very soon. He had also gained up to 6 lb. 14 oz., which was a good increase since last weeks weight check at Woman's Hospital. The bad news was that I cannot let him sleep through the night until he wakes up but must wake him every 3-4 hours to keep feeding him. Had he made it to his due date, August 13th, she thinks we would have had a big baby on our hands so we are trying to make up for lost time and fatten him up! She also told us that we did not need to take him out of the house to any public places and to limit visitors to really only grandparents for a while since he was a preemie. Until then I will keep posting lots of pictures for everyone. I will leave you with one we took while we were waiting at the doctor.
Freeze..come out with your hands up!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad he had a good check-up. I'll be glad when his 6 weeks are up and he can receive visitors! He is absolutely adorable!

    He looks like he is in one of those rides at the fair - you know - the kind where you are strapped in.

    Waiting for more pics!
    Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, he is getting so big, those little hands look like they could throw a mean curve ball!!

    ReplyDelete