...there'd be days like YESTERDAY my mama said. Well, nobody promised that parenting would be easy but I can only hope there aren't many more days like yesterday. We were in pitiful shape! Poor Sam has had a time with what we were thinking was reflux. Every time he would eat he would fuss from the time he finished his bottle until it was time to eat again. It is such a helpless feeling to watch him hurt and all I could do was hold him and walk around with him. This led to a few sleepless nights this week. To top it off, I woke up yesterday morning and felt like I had the flu! It didn't take long to realize that I had developed mastitis. My first phone call of the day was to Sam's doctor to make an appointment for this morning. I had to try and get some relief for this sweet boy. Next phone call was to my doctor to get an antibiotic. As the day went on I started to feel worse so Adam and Bobi were nice enough to take care of Sam once Adam got home from work until late last night so I could get some rest. I woke up around 11 last night and had a fever of almost 103! Since Bobi had kept cousin Banks all day and then been on "Sam duty" from the afternoon until after midnight it was time to call in Lili for the late night shift. Lili had been here all during the day yesterday so I could rest but she was sweet enough to come back and spend the night with us and take care of Sam.
Sam had his appointment with Dr. Sherwood at 9 this morning and she definitely thinks he has reflux. She gave him some Zantac and we are hoping this will help. The pharmacist says it could take 24-48 hours of the medicine to really see dramatic improvement if his reflux is bad enough so we must be patient and hope this brings our little guy some relief.
For the weak stomached readers out there, this should probably be where you head off and stalk another blog. =) My furry son decided in the midst of all of the excitement last night that he wanted some attention too. What better way to do this than to bring us a "present" and leave it in the middle of the living room floor....
Hope everyone has a great weekend!


Aw girl... I'm so sorry you've had some rough days! I'm sure the gift from Rusty made it ALL better! Just remember to laugh whenever you can. Also... you KNOW you can call Nana Fran! I can walk that sweet baby! If everyone is just TOO pooped... just remember that!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the blogs. I'm loving them!
Frannie
That stinks! :( I'm sorry you're sick friend, and that Sam the Man wasn't feeling well either :( Hopefully everyone in the Milner house is feeling better by this point.
ReplyDeleteAlso, this is random, but I was talking to Adam on FB when he said...there's a dead bird on our floor. I would've freaked.
Love you dear, hopefully see you soon. AND
HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!! :) By a couple of hours :)