Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

In honor of this "Day of Love" - I decided to dedicate a post to the two men I love most in this world!


This picture is absolutely one of my favorites. It is precious to me for many reasons, but what really stands out is the smile on Adam's face. It speaks volumes about the wonderful person he is and how much he loves his family. As most of you know, I have known/dated/loved Adam for a good portion of my life it seems, but I have never loved him more than I do now that we are parents. He is truly a wonderful father and an excellent "partner in parenting." He is so patient with Sam and always willing to help me out with things around the house. He can always make me laugh and we have fun together no matter what we are doing. I couldn't imagine my life without him and we are blessed to call him husband and father.

Now for my other main man....

Adam took this picture of me in the NICU getting to hold Sam for the first time. I have a hard time believing that very many things in this life will ever top this moment for me. The amount of love I had at that moment for someone I had JUST met is indescribable and I love him more every day (if that is possible). Being a mother is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and I am so thankful God entrusted us with this precious little boy. He has such a sweet disposition and is always happy. My favorite moments with him are at night when I am rocking him to sleep. I always look at him and tell him I love him before he falls asleep and he looks back up at me and just grins - priceless. When he smiles, his whole face lights up and it melts my heart. He can brighten any bad day that might come our way and I cherish every moment I get to spend with him because I know it will go by fast - too fast! What a blessing this little boy is to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment