*He went to the doctor today for his 9-month checkup. He weighs 23 lbs. 12 oz. and is 29 1/4" long - what a big, growing boy! We were so excited that he didn't have to get any shots, just a tiny finger prick.
*He is wearing size 4 diapers and 12-18 month clothes.
*He is such a good eater and will eat just about anything I put in his mouth. He started meats this week AND he is learning to eat Puffs off his tray all by himself.
*He is still a great sleeper. He takes two naps during the day - one short one in the morning and a longer one in the afternoon - and sleeps between 10-11 hours every night.
*He has four teeth - two top front and two bottom front.
*After sitting out at a few baseball games and watching all of the fans clapping, he started doing it too...all. the. time. It is too cute and one of my favorite things he does!
*He also likes to "click" his tongue. I'm not sure where he learned to do this - but at any random moment he will start clicking and he thinks it is so funny. At his checkup today, Dr. Sherwood and I could hardly concentrate because he kept "clicking" at her.
*He is starting to mimic things we do. I came home from work the other day and he was throwing things off the side of his highchair. I looked at him and said "No, No.." and shook my head...the next thing I know he was smiling up at me and shaking his head just like mine.
*He is BUSY, BUSY and has really picked up speed on his crawling. He has just recently decided that he wants to explore and will even follow me when I am walking around the house.
*He is babbling all the time - if only I knew what he was saying to me?! =)
*He is trying to pull up on anything and everything he can get his hands on. I am sure this is only the beginning of many bumps and bruises - especially since he doesn't quite have his balance. I'm sure it won't be long before he is "cruising."
It is so hard to believe that in three short months I will be wishing my precious little boy a Happy 1st Birthday! The time has flown, just like everyone said it would, but what good times we have had. There are no adequate words to express just how much I love him. It is truly the privilege of my life to be his mother and I am thankful everyday that I wake up and get to do it again. He has brought our entire family so much joy with his sweet temperament, never-ending smile and belly laughs.
We love you sweet Sam!


No comments:
Post a Comment