Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Trouble Downtown


What a day!!  I walked out of work into the parking garage and noticed a sticky note on my window.  I immediately thought, "Oh, great...someone has hit my car."  Instead it was a note telling me that my rear passenger tire was flat.  It wasn't what I wanted to hear, or see, but I was thankful for the kindness of a stranger to give me a heads up.  I'm sure it wouldn't have taken long to figure out but I was parked at such an angle that I wouldn't have seen it on my own before I started driving.

I immediately called Marilyn to see if she had left yet.  She was still inside the garage and drove to the seventh floor to sit with me while I waited on Adam.  Since we purchased roadside assistance with our new tires in April I decided to put that money to use and call in the flat instead of Adam having to try to change it in his work clothes.  They said it wouldn't be more than 30-45 minutes before someone made it out there to help me, but boy were they wrong.  Adam relieved Marilyn and we sat in his car for what seemed like forever.  The boys spent the day with Lisa so her shift lasted much longer than expected since we waited downtown until after 8:00 p.m. for someone to arrive!  The man that came to change the tire couldn't have been nicer and I appreciated his patience and good attitude on such a cold night.  He put my spare on and I was so happy to finally pull out of the garage and go see my boys.  Needless to say, we have an appointment first thing in the morning at 49 Tires to get this poor tire looked at.  I'm hoping they can fix it and won't have to replace it!

No comments:

Post a Comment