Well, for a while this morning we thought we might meet our little Sam today. I had my weekly appointment but I was scheduled for an ultrasound first. They estimated he weighs around 6 lb. 2 oz and is measuring 36 weeks and 1 day. Then they sent me upstairs to see the doctor and when they took my blood pressure it was extremely high. The doctor was not excited about this so she sent me across the street to Woman's Hospital where they hooked me up and monitored my blood pressure for a while to make sure it still wasn't elevated while I was resting and that the baby wasn't under any stress. I was having regular contractions during this time but they discharged me after about an hour and sent me home on bed rest until Monday morning when we go back to the doctor.
I have to say the best part of this morning was the sweet nurse at Woman's that told me she thought a little sugar wouldn't hurt me after all these weeks of eating so good because of the gestational diabetes. She didn't have to tell me that good news twice!! I went straight from the hospital to Corner Bakery and ate the delicious brownie I had been dreaming about since May! =)


No comments:
Post a Comment