Monday, August 30, 2010

A Nap....Finally!

Well, I am pleased to announce that I have FINALLY won the nap battle! Sam gave up the good fight today and realized that taking a little snooze in the afternoon might not be so bad after all. :) My good friend Chelsea came to the house to eat lunch with me and I told her she was welcome to stay for the "show" that was sure to come shortly after we ate. I was guessing that today's nap time would be just like every other nap time we've had for the past three or four weeks - filled with screaming then followed by a very short span of sleep. I laid Sam down and Chelsea and I sat in the kitchen visiting waiting for it. About forty-five minutes went by without a peep so I snuck in to check on him and he was sleeping away. I bet I went back in there to check on him at least once every thirty minutes because I just couldn't believe it! Finally, after THREE HOURS had passed I could hear him stirring over the baby monitor. Hopefully this is a sign of good days to come....or else Chelsea is going to have to come each lunch with me more often. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment