Thursday, July 17, 2014

When the Lost is Finally Found


I was sitting on the bed this morning feeding Morgan her breakfast when Jack walked in trying to find a hiding place.  He and Sam were playing hide-and-seek and he was thinking about taking refuge behind the bathroom door near Morgan's pack-n-play.  He looked behind the pack-n-play like he was thinking about moving it and within five second his head popped up and he started looking at me with this strange look on his face.  Sort of a semi-guilty, "uh oh" kind of face.  I asked him what was wrong and he immediately started mumbling something and looking away.  Then he walked back over to the pack-n-play and pulled out Sam's lost "meanie" that had been wedged between the wall and the pack-n-play unbeknownst to any of us.  I was shocked, but I honestly think Jack was too. 
 

I called for Sam and he was so surprised and happy to see his long-lost meanie.  After talking to Jack for a while, I decided it was probably really an honest mistake.  He and Sam had been playing a few weeks back and he hid the meanie, not intending to lose it, and I think he just forgot it was back there.  Much to his surprise, he found it accidentally and wasn't sure how to break the news to us.  No worries, though.  We got a lot of laughs out of this story and Sam was just happy that his favorite blanket had finally been found.

No comments:

Post a Comment