Sunday, July 26, 2009

Welcome Home Sam!

Adam and I made it through our first night alone with Sam at the hospital and were discharged around 11:30 on Sunday morning. We were almost out the door but were quickly stopped when all the doors locked because they had not taken the security band off his leg. We weren't going anywhere very fast!


Mom and Sam getting in the car

Adam and I had wondered for a while how our first baby, Rusty, would handle the new person living in our house. He is such a sweet dog so we were pretty sure he would love him. As soon as we got out of the car at the house Rusty was waiting for us at the window.


SO happy to finally be home together!!


Once we got inside, Rusty wanted to sniff all over baby Sam. He was very sweet and followed us to Sam's room to see what was going on.




Since we hadn't gotten much sleep at the hospital the night before, we were pretty tired when we got home and I found these boys snoozing away not long after we got home.



Then Aunt Amanda was nice enough to come by after work and help us give Sam his first bath. He loved it when she washed his hair and gave her a high five when she was finished!





After his bath, Sam was ready for a snooze. I am sure he didn't get much rest in the hospital with everyone messing with him and he has lots of sleep to catch up on!




It sure is hard for a little boy to find a hat that fits these days!



Rusty was worn out from all the excitement

We had a wonderful day bringing Sam home and appreciate ALL of the wonderful prayers. He is doing great and is as healthy as he can be. It is hard to believe that Sam is finally here and home with us. We are loving every minute with him and just trying to take it all in. He is a wonderful reminder of God's miracles and Adam and I feel so lucky to be his parents!

2 comments:

  1. What is that cutest little "wedgie" thing (blue/green/white) that he's sleeping in? I love that! And apparently, so does he!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally did not know that they put security bracelets on these little sweeties!! But, I guess there won't be any baby-napping that way.

    I've already told you which picture was my fave. Y'all are so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete