Wednesday, October 10, 2012

2012 Mississippi State Fair

Tonight we went to the 2012 Mississippi State Fair with our good friends Jim and Jacqueline.


Sam was so excited when he saw all of the rides and wanted to go on the train first. 


As soon as he hopped off the train he spotted a roller coaster nearby and begged me to go on it with him.


This thing went pretty fast for a kiddie ride!  We had fun and made sure to throw our hands up in the air and scream a little around the turns.  ;)


Poor Jacqueline couldn't convince Jim to go on any rides with her so I gladly stepped in.  Here we are about to get on the pirate ship.

The whole time we were walking around Adam was surveying all of the games.  He was determined to win something but I kept telling him it would just be a waste of money!  He insisted on stopping at the basketball game and said he promised he was only going to play once.  On his last shot, of course, he drained it and won this enormous thing for Sam.  Everybody needs a three foot tall stuffed red dog in their house, right?!


Sam wanted to ride a few more rides before it got too late.  I think the motorcycle was his favorite...


...but driving the car was definitely a close second.


He got really brave and wanted to ride this hot air balloon ride that went pretty high up.  As soon as it started and I saw it going up I was worried it might scare him.  He showed me!  He just laid back with his hands on the edge and smiled at us like...no big deal!


By the end of the night we had full bellies, taffy to take home, a big red dog and great memories of a fun trip to the fair.  

No comments:

Post a Comment