A few days ago I snapped these pictures of my sweet, silly, almost one-year-old.
What has Jack been up to lately?
*He is wearing a size 4 diaper, 18-24 month and some 2T clothes and a size 5 or 6 shoe - just depends on the brand.
*He has six teeth - four on the top and two on the bottom.
*He is completely off bottles and is a champ at the straw cups just like his big brother. He is also really enjoying whole milk. I'm sure it tastes much better than formula! He can drink three or four cups a day, easy, so I can already tell he loves milk way more than Sam ever did.
*He is SUCH a great sleeper and has been taking some marathon naps lately. I bet this birthday boy is growing, growing, growing.
*He has been able to get off both of his reflux meds and has done great. I am so thankful for this!
*His favorite words are "mama", "mommy", "dada" and "uh-oh." Uh-oh really comes out more as humming sound of the two different notes than words but it is the funniest thing when he does it.
Where's Jack?
There he is!
After the birthday boy woke up this morning we went and got donut holes for breakfast. Jack LOVED them and insisted on having one in each hand at all times. ;)
I think there's lots of sugar behind that silly smile!
We had a pretty low-key day playing at home together and relaxing. After nap time we went to the Natchez Trace and had Jack's one year photos made. He did great and was most responsive to the singing of "Happy Birthday." Every time one of us would start singing he would get the biggest grin on his face and clap. After pictures we met Daddy for dinner at Heart & Soul Diner and then stopped on our way home at Gigi's Cupcakes for a birthday treat.
The whole way home I was thinking how much Jack was going to love this big chocolate cupcake. I thought all kids love chocolate cake, right? Well, one bite into it and he started trying to spit it out and cried. Poor guy!! I can't say I blame him though because I sure love me some icing but I'm not really a fan of chocolate cake. Not to worry, we dried the tears and had some of his favorite mini vanilla wafers and all was right with the world.
Baby boy - one year ago today I fell in love again. I had been waiting to see your sweet face for many months. You came out with quite the screams that quieted the moment they placed you in my arms. The days have passed quickly, my love for you has grown even more than I thought possible and you continue to find my arms the most comforting place. I cherish these days of snuggling with you and hope you always know how loved you are. One day you will outgrow my arms but you will always have a perfect spot in my heart.
Happy 1st Birthday, Jack!




No comments:
Post a Comment