Monday, November 26, 2012

Ouch, Jack!


Thanksgiving morning Jack was crawling around the bathroom with a car in his hand while I was finishing getting ready.  He started crawling towards our bedroom and the next thing I knew he was screaming at the top of his lungs.  He had fallen on the car and cut his mouth.  I ran over to him and as soon as I saw the blood pouring out I panicked.  I quickly scooped him up but he wouldn't let me open his mouth - he had it clamped shut!  With Adam's help, I finally got it open enough to tell that the blood was coming from the right side of his mouth where he didn't have any teeth so that made us feel a little better.  The best I could tell was that he had cut the inside of his cheek.  Since I was able to stop the bleeding pretty quickly we went on with our lunch plans and just kept an eye on him.

Fast forward to Saturday morning.  I had gotten up early that day to go to an out-of-town funeral with my mom and we had left before Jack woke up.  On our way back home I called to check in with Adam and he told me that there was this big piece of "skin" hanging off Jack's gum.  When I got home and looked in Jack's mouth I couldn't believe the tissue that had been cut away from his gum.  It was still attached pretty good but I knew it had to be bothering him and I wasn't sure how to fix it.  I decided to call my cousin Sara Jane, who is a pediadontist, and get her opinion.  She wanted me to send her a picture of the tissue and after looking at that she decided it would be best to see us this morning to make sure the area wasn't infected and that the bone wasn't exposed.    

Jack and I got up very early today and met Sara Jane at Batson around 7:30 so she could see him before she went into surgery for the day.  Luckily the piece of tissue was gone when he woke up this morning so she didn't have to clip it.  I know that would have really freaked him out, and me too!  After looking him over she found no sign of infection or damage to the bone.  So thankful my baby Jack got a good report!

No comments:

Post a Comment