Sunday, January 6, 2013

BBVA Compass Bowl 2013

It is a rare occasion when I can surprise Adam Milner; however, I think I did just that for Christmas this year.  I got us two tickets to see the Rebels play Pittsburgh at the BBVA Compass Bowl in Birmingham.  The look on his face when he opened those tickets Christmas morning was priceless!  

Our "date weekend" started Friday night.  The boys spent the night with Lili & Shuffie that night since we were going to have to leave town early the next morning to make the noon football game.  We didn't know what to do with ourselves at home with no kiddos.  It was a strange feeling!


We got some breakfast Saturday morning and then hit the road.  We were traveling along just fine until we got a few miles away from the stadium and everything came to a halt.  Traffic was atrocious and at one point I thought Adam was going to park on the side of the highway and just walk to the game.  Fortunately for me and my feet, the traffic started to let up about ten minutes before game time and we  made it to our seats not long after the game started.


We bought tickets with our good friends Chelsea and Jeremy.  It felt like the old college days sitting at a game with them.  I don't think there were many home games that the four of us didn't attend together all four years we were students at Ole Miss!  


It was an awesome game and the Rebels made us proud with a 38-17 victory to end the season with a 7-6 record.  

After the game we drove to our hotel to rest and freshen up before we went out to dinner with a group of friends.  This morning we enjoyed sleeping in and then had brunch at The Cheesecake Factory before heading home to smooch on two little boys we had missed so much!  Thanks to Lili & Shuffie for loving on our boys this weekend while we enjoyed a little getaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment