Sam has been convinced for quite some time now that we really didn't have Christmas in December because it never snowed the morning Santa came. I've continued to gently break the bad news to him...we live in a place that is slightly different from what he sees on the Christmas shows. Poor guy!
When I heard there was a chance of snow this week I only casually talked to him about it because I didn't want to get his hopes up. By last night I was feeling pretty confident that we would get some snow, even if just a dusting, so I tucked him in and told him hopefully I'd be back to get him and play in the snow.
These two sleepy heads almost missed the whole thing! I woke up first this morning around 7:30 and peeked out the window. I was thrilled that Sam had gotten his wish and I knew I had to wake him up! I went to his room first and the look on his face was priceless when I softly told him, "Sam, it snowed!" He was staring at me in a sleepy fog and then a few seconds later it hit him and he jumped out of bed and ran to the front window. We woke up Jack and all bundled up to go check it out!
My little guys weren't so sure about the cold but I decided to snap a picture of our house while I was already in the middle of the street trying to convince Rusty to calm down and come back to his house. He was by far the most excited of all of us. He had to have sprinted up and down the street at least twenty times and then had a quick adventure in the nearby woods. He had us all laughing!
"Jack, can you believe it?!"
Poor Rusty, he should have been born into a cold weather home. I haven't seen him this excited in a long time!
My littlest love just stared in amazement as the cold, white stuff fell from the sky.
"Brrrr!!"
Thrilled!
Sweet big brother brought Jack a snowball...
...and then left him some extra snow in his stroller to play with.
After a while, Jack got tired of the cold and wet from the melting snow. We all went back in the house to get warm, but Sam decided he wasn't finished outside. Jack and I compromised with him by going back out but staying in the back yard where we could sit under the porch and watch Sam without getting wet again.
You can't take the Southern out of a boy though. His hat and layers of warm clothes didn't last long. He told me he was getting hot and needed to take it all off. Silly!
We had such a fun day playing in the snow together, even if it only lasted a few hours. We continued the fun mid-morning with a trip to Daddy's office to surprise them all with donuts. We felt bad that those poor people had to go to work and didn't get to play in the snow so we thought they needed a treat! ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment