Monday, January 7, 2013

First Day of Mother's Morning Out


These handsome guys started Mother's Morning Out at our church today.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about it but it went remarkably well and no tears were shed by any of us...me included!!  I know it will always be hard to let my babies go, no matter how short the time period, but Adam and I knew this was best for them and I had such a peace leaving them this morning.  It is every Monday and Wednesday from 9:00 - 12:00 so it worked out great with my work schedule.  They will be at "school" on my regular work days so I won't miss any time with them on my days off.


This time at MMO will be especially good for Sam as he learns to adjust to being away from home a little bit.  It won't be long before he will be going to big boy school and this will be great practice!


Lili picked up the boys today and got rave reviews on both of them from their teachers.  To celebrate, she drove them downtown to eat lunch with me and visit for a little while.  Sam was so proud of the crafts he made and ran in the door to my office with this pretty picture in his hand...


...and these precious hand print mittens hanging around his neck!

He was so cute telling me about what he did at school and the kids he played with.  His teacher, Mrs. Judy, is such a sweet lady and let him be her helper today.  He already loves her!  I'm so thankful today was a success and think this is going to be a great new chapter for my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment