Friday, May 2, 2014

May Day USA 2014


This morning the kids of The Weekday Preschool presented their end-of-the-year program, May Day USA.  I was crushed that I wasn't able to go watch Sam perform because of my strict bed rest orders that Dr. Cole had given me earlier this week.  It was a little easier to digest, though, because the church was live streaming the program and I was able to watch on the computer from Lili's house.  Meme came over to keep me company in case I needed something and we watched the program together.


Sam made this very patriotic shirt to wear in the program.  He did a great job!


Jack and Daddy sent me a picture while they waited on the program to start.  Oh how I wished I was there with them!  :(


Sam smiling from his place on stage.  
He did so good during the whole program and I was so thrilled I was able to watch and almost feel like I was there.



After it was over, everybody got to come back to his classroom and visit with him for a little while.  He was so glad to get a hug from Daddy!


These two are so precious to me and I'm so thankful for their relationship with each other.


Looking good in your new shirt, Sammy!



Sarah came to cheer Sam on...


...and so did cousin Hayes and cousin Banks!  I think Sam had quite a cheering section and I'm so glad!


Look what Sam did at school today!  He made a really cool patriotic picture to go with the patriotic theme of the program.  

It absolutely broke my heart to miss being at Sam's program today.  It was very emotional for me because I knew if I was going to keep one of my babies safe that I was risking hurting the feelings of another baby.  I talked to Sam last night and again this morning before he left for school and he was very sweet and understanding about my having to miss his program.  I explained I would be watching everything from the computer and he thought that was really neat.  After he got home from school, I was able to eat lunch with him at Lili's house and we talked all about his program and played together.  It did my heart good to have this time with him!  

You did great in your program today, Sam!  I am so proud of you and so thankful for the technology that allowed me to watch even though I wasn't able to physically be there.  It's hard to believe the end of the school year is already upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment