Sam has been a huge fan of James Taylor ever since he heard him sing in the Cars movie a few years ago. He knows how much Lili loves James Taylor, too, and he has been telling her for a while that he wanted to go with her to a James Taylor concert one day.
Fast forward to yesterday when the three of us hit the road to Birmingham to see James Taylor in concert last night. What a treat! I have been alive almost thirty years and have never seen him either!
We arrived in town around dinner time and as soon as we stopped at a restaurant to eat I received a call from Adam about Morgan being sick. She has been battling her second ear infection for a few days now but seemed better today before we left town. When he went to get her after work, she had taken a turn for the worse so we decided it was best for him to take her to the after hour's clinic. Of course, from that point on I was very worried about her and felt bad that I wasn't there to take care of her. By the time we made it to the hotel to check-in, Adam had already called back with a report from the doctor. She was going to be fine, but her ear infection was actually worse so the poor baby had to get a rocephin shot and a different antibiotic. It was killing me to be so far away when I knew my sweet girl felt so bad, but she was in good hands with her daddy.
The concert venue was connected to our hotel, so we decided to go check out our room first and then walk over to take our seats. Sam was so excited to be in a hotel and loved our room!
The three musketeers ready to walk over to the show.
We had great seats!
Getting excited for the show to start!
Two of James' biggest fans, hands down! This little guy didn't move much during the entire concert. He had his eyes glued to the stage and was mesmerized by the music. Lili and I both asked him a few different times if he was ready to leave and he insisted on staying until the last song was over. What a fan!
We woke up this morning and Sam was glued to the hotel window saying he wished we could stay longer. It definitely was a fun time, but I was ready to get home and lay eyes on my baby girl to make sure she was ok.
A HUGE thank you to Lili was making one of Sam's dreams come true last night. It was such a special night for all of us and I'm thankful we could experience it together. No doubt, precious memories that will last a lifetime were made on this trip!


No comments:
Post a Comment