Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Baby Jack is Here!

For the past few weeks I have been doing my best to stay off my feet and rest in an effort to keep baby Jack in as long as possible. Because he has been trying to misbehave, I have had to go to the doctor every few days for checkups. I went to see Dr. Cole Monday morning the 7th around 8:30 a.m. only to experience an appointment very similar to the one I had the day Sam was born. It didn't take long for her to tell me that I was in active labor and it was time to head over to Woman's Hospital to deliver my sweet boy.

When I got to the hospital around 9:00 a.m. they sent me straight to Labor & Delivery Room 1 and things moved very quickly from there. I did have enough of my brain working to remember to ask Adam to snap one last picture of the bump - boy had it grown over the last 37 1/2 weeks!
Sweet Chelsea was the official videographer for Sam's birth and did such a great job that I had her on standby so she could do the same for Jack's birthday. I was so glad she could make it on such short notice!

Big Brother Sam arrived at the hospital with Lili not long after we got checked in and settled. He and Banks ate Chick-fil-a in the cafeteria to help pass the time.

I'm guessing they also kept all of the others entertained while they waited. :)
They finished up with my epidural around 11:30 and my sweet Sam came back to give me one more hug before it was showtime.
We also had our last picture taken as a family of three.

Labor progressed quickly after I got my epidural and after three good pushes Jack Williams Milner entered this world at 12:11 p.m. on 11/7/11. His loud cries were music to my ears and I couldn't wait to see his sweet face.

For nine long months we had all speculated as to whether he would look like his big brother or not and I couldn't wait to check him out and give him lots of kisses!

Happy and relieved to have him in my arms!

After we got all cleaned up, Adam went out to get Sam and bring him back to my room to meet baby Jack. It was a sweet, sweet moment to see my two boys together for the first time. Jack was still crying some and Sam wasn't quite sure what to think of that. He couldn't stop staring at him!

Time to introduce Jack to the rest of the family!
Poor little guy, he better get used to all of those cameras in his face.

We were so lucky that Didi was able to take care of Jack after he was born. She went with Adam to the nursery to weigh him and held him up for everyone to get a better look. My big boy weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz!

After they weighed him they brought him back to my room to do a private transition. She measured him and he was exactly the same length as Sam - 20 inches. He also got his first shots and a bath. He was feeling much better after that! It was so nice not to have to be away from him for very long and even better to know he was in such good hands.

Sam was so excited to come back to the room and see him again. Notice the cute sticker on his shirt that Didi made for him with Jack's footprint. So neat!

Susie was such a good labor and delivery nurse. She was so sweet and took excellent care of me.

My favorite nurse!

Once Didi finished with Jack he was all cleaned up and ready for us to love on him. Lili had to come check him out!

And then it wasn't long before she got her hands on him.

Then Shuffie wanted a turn....
and so did Sarah.

Our sweet friend Angie painted this precious canvas for us to hang on the door of room 116.
Once we got settled in our new room we were finally about to get comfortable and start playing dress-up with Jack.

We were still trying to figure out just who he looked like!

Sam went home with Adam mid-afternoon on Monday to take his nap and when he got back Jack was dressed and ready for visitors. Didi brought him over to us and Sam got to hold his brother for the first time.

LOVE

THESE
BOYS!!
After some hugs with his little brother, Sam got to open the gift that Jack brought for him. It was a bear lovey that was holding a baseball - Sam's favorite ball!

Dr. Cole came by later that day to check on us. She is such a sweet lady and I was so happy that Jack waited until a weekday to make his arrival so she could be there to do the delivery.

Didi finally got some snuggle time after all of her hard work!
And then Easy came by and brought the cousins, Banks and Hayes.
Jack put on his little brother shirt...

...and was ready to have his picture made. They all four had matching shirts that were precious. I sure love all of these boys!

After everyone left for the night it was finally Daddy's turn to love on Jack.

He also gave me this beautiful citrine necklace - Jack's birthstone. I'm a lucky girl to have that sweet man as my husband.

Sam loved coming to visit Jack while we were in the hospital...

...but when he woke up Wednesday morning, the day we were bringing Jack home, he had a few things to do to get ready. He went to his "man box" and pulled out these two toys to put in Jack's room so he would have something to play with.

Wednesday was a happy day for all of us - we would all be back together again under one roof.

I love the way Sam is looking at Jack in this picture. He loves his brother!

We were so glad that Didi was working on Wednesday and was able to discharge Jack from the nursery.

Bundled up and ready to go home!

We accumulated quite a bit of stuff during our two night stay at the hospital but luckily we had a cute little helper to push the cart out to the car.

As we were driving down Lakeland Drive Sam was talking to Jack and telling him what he saw out the window. It wasn't long before Sam reached down and held Jack's hand the rest of the way home. What a good big brother!

Of course Rusty had to sniff all over this new playmate we were bringing home to him.

We also had a cute little surprise from Lili & Shuffie waiting in the front yard.

Our new family of four!

Welcome Home, Baby Jack!

We are so thankful that Jack is here and home with us. He is such a sweet baby and Sam is absolutely loving being a big brother. I can't wait to watch these two grow up together. I know they will bring much laughter and joy to our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment