Poor Sam started running a high fever yesterday just out of the blue. He had been fine all morning and then crashed around lunchtime. He complained of his belly hurting last night while we were eating dinner and at that point I started to think he probably had strep. He has had it a few times in the past and each time it always really upsets his stomach. I didn't want to take him too soon so we decided to wait until this morning when Dr. Sherwood was back in the clinic. I took this pitiful picture of him while we were in the waiting room. You could look at his eyes and tell how bad he felt - he was breaking my heart.
She looked him over and said his throat was really red. Her guess was either strep or a throat virus that she had seen a lot of recently. His strep test came back positive and those results were quickly followed by a penicillin shot. I was actually thankful it was the strep instead of the virus since there was something we could do for him that would have him feeling better soon. He was a trooper for the shot and then got to enjoy a sucker in the waiting room since we had to stay for about twenty minutes to make sure he didn't have a reaction. I'm hoping my big boy starts feeling better soon. Sick babies make me so sad!


No comments:
Post a Comment