What has Jack been up to lately?
*He has been eating 7-8 oz bottles of Similac Sensitive at breakfast, lunch, dinner and bedtime and doing great! Since we got the all-clear a few days ago to start solids I have introduced apples and he is really loving them. His little mouth pops open like a bird when I am coming towards him with a spoonful and he just smacks and smiles. I am having a little trouble trying to keep his hands out of his mouth until I finish feeding him but I know he'll get the hang of it in no time.
*He is sleeping great and still prefers to go to bed early...really, the earlier the better for him. Every night when I lay him down he isn't quite settled until he has his arms around the little giraffe that makes white noise. He loves that thing! He sleeps around 11-12 hours and wakes up so happy. I love to listen to him "talking" over the monitor in the mornings when he first wakes up but I don't listen long because I can't wait to scoop up his sweet smiling face and get lots of hugs and kisses.
*He is wearing a size 3 diaper and 12 month clothes.
*He is definitely a smiley thing and usually grins so big that he sticks out his tongue a little bit. He is still saving most of his "belly laughs" for his mama and I'm still loving that he's a mama's boy.
*He is drooling like crazy and cannot keep his hands out of his mouth. A tooth might still be a long way off but if so then his hands must just be delicious! :) He loves his thumb too and I often catch him sucking away on it when I go in to check on him after he has gone to sleep at night.
*He is working on sitting up and always seems so proud of himself when he looks around and realizes that he isn't laying down anymore!
*He loves playing in his "office" (the exersaucer) and has really started looking at all of the different toys on it. It is so neat to watch him try to figure out what each one does.
*He is "talking" a lot and has a pretty loud voice for such a little guy! The morning of his baptism I was in the kitchen making a bottle and all three of my boys were sitting on our bed playing. I heard Sam say, "Oh wow! He just said Mama!" I ran in there and Adam said that Jack had definitely been saying it but of course he stopped before I got to hear it. Sam's reaction was pretty funny. He seemed shocked that Jack had said anything that sounded even close to real words. I think Jack hasn't been much fun to play with lately so it is hard for Sam to imagine that soon he will grow up and talk and play just like the rest of us!
Happy Six Month Birthday, Baby Jack! I look at you and your brother a million times each day and thank God for blessing me with two healthy, precious boys. I cannot even fathom the fun we will have if the next six months are as good as these have been. We love you!
*He is sleeping great and still prefers to go to bed early...really, the earlier the better for him. Every night when I lay him down he isn't quite settled until he has his arms around the little giraffe that makes white noise. He loves that thing! He sleeps around 11-12 hours and wakes up so happy. I love to listen to him "talking" over the monitor in the mornings when he first wakes up but I don't listen long because I can't wait to scoop up his sweet smiling face and get lots of hugs and kisses.
*He is wearing a size 3 diaper and 12 month clothes.
*He is definitely a smiley thing and usually grins so big that he sticks out his tongue a little bit. He is still saving most of his "belly laughs" for his mama and I'm still loving that he's a mama's boy.
*He is drooling like crazy and cannot keep his hands out of his mouth. A tooth might still be a long way off but if so then his hands must just be delicious! :) He loves his thumb too and I often catch him sucking away on it when I go in to check on him after he has gone to sleep at night.
*He is working on sitting up and always seems so proud of himself when he looks around and realizes that he isn't laying down anymore!
*He loves playing in his "office" (the exersaucer) and has really started looking at all of the different toys on it. It is so neat to watch him try to figure out what each one does.
*He is "talking" a lot and has a pretty loud voice for such a little guy! The morning of his baptism I was in the kitchen making a bottle and all three of my boys were sitting on our bed playing. I heard Sam say, "Oh wow! He just said Mama!" I ran in there and Adam said that Jack had definitely been saying it but of course he stopped before I got to hear it. Sam's reaction was pretty funny. He seemed shocked that Jack had said anything that sounded even close to real words. I think Jack hasn't been much fun to play with lately so it is hard for Sam to imagine that soon he will grow up and talk and play just like the rest of us!
Happy Six Month Birthday, Baby Jack! I look at you and your brother a million times each day and thank God for blessing me with two healthy, precious boys. I cannot even fathom the fun we will have if the next six months are as good as these have been. We love you!


No comments:
Post a Comment