Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ball with Lili

I only worked a half-day today and then was able to go pickup the boys from MMO - what a treat for me!  We drove through Chick-fil-A and took food to Lili's house for a picnic with her before nap time.  While we were eating lunch, both boys started coughing pretty bad and were more congested than they had been earlier in the week.  I knew it was probably just allergies from all of the pollen but I decided it had gone on long enough and I wanted to let Dr. Sherwood check them both out just to be on the safe side.  

After we finished eating I called the Children's Clinic and got lucky enough to snag an open double appointment slot right after lunch.  Dr. Sherwood took one look at Jack's throat and said it looked awful.  My children are famous for strep, and the kind of strep that comes with vomiting and not just a bad sore throat, so I immediately thought Jack probably had strep when she commented on his throat.  I started to think back on his vomiting over the weekend and it was all coming together except for the fact that he had yet to run any fever, which I thought usually always went along with strep.  She did a strep test and then checked Sam out while we waited on the results of Jack's test.  She thought Sam looked pretty good and said his congestion and coughing was probably just allergies that we could treat symptomatically.  Unfortunately Sam's good news was followed by some sad news for Jack - his strep test was positive!  This poor guy has probably had it since last weekend and that was the cause of his vomiting.  Dr. Sherwood was a little surprised he hadn't run fever at all but said it was in fact possible to not run any fever with strep.  We chose the treatment for Jack to feel better fast..the dreaded shot!  Jack worked out those lungs and squalled to let us know he did not enjoy the shot but it didn't last long and we were on our way.  Bless his sweet little heart!

We had spent so long at the doctor's office that we pretty much missed our window to take a nap so Lili offered for Sam to come back to her house and play so I could run a few errands with just one friend by my side instead of two.  :)


When Jack and I finished with our errands and drove up at Lili's house to get Sam, we found them practicing baseball in the front yard.  To not have much of an athletic background, Lili is always such a good sport to play ball with Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment