Saturday, April 20, 2013

Mowing with Water?

This afternoon Adam went outside in hopes of mowing the yard.  He went to crank the mower and couldn't get it going for some reason.  It usually starts right up so I immediately thought there was probably trouble.  Jack had been resting inside and Sam was watching T.V.  After Adam had been messing with the mower for a few minutes, Sam walks out curious about what we are doing standing around in the driveway.  Adam proceeded to explain to him that he thought the mower was broken and then Sam replied with a story that is much funnier now than it was at the time.  "Well, Daddy, 'yesterday' (his time of reference no matter how long it has been) I unscrewed that (pointing to the gas cap) and put a little water in your mower."  Oh man...

I went inside and got a turkey baster, the only thing that I knew we could use to try and get some of the water out of the mower.  We sucked out as much as we could with the baster and put it in an empty milk carton.  By the time we got most of the liquid out of the mower's tank, the carton was full of mostly water and only a tiny bit of gasoline had floated to the top.  No wonder the mower wouldn't crank!  

About the time we finished removing all of the water/gas from the tank, Shuffie and our neighbor, Andrew, showed up to try to help fix the wet insides of the mower.  They took a few things off and dried what they could and then put it all back together, all the while I held my breath.  After their hard work it was only a few pulls before she cranked right back up and a big smile returned to Sam's worried face. 


Look at that sweet face!!!  He means well....he really does!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment