Monday, June 3, 2013

CUMC VBS - Day 1

Today was the first day of Vacation Bible School at our church.  The theme this year is Kingdom Rock - Where Kids Stand Strong For God.  


Sam is still too young to participate in the main VBS this year; however, since I am volunteering in crafts he is able to participate in a separate program our church puts on for all of the volunteers' kids.  It is almost identical to what the kids learn and do in the regular program and it makes them all feel like such big kids.  He was very excited about going this morning and couldn't wait to sing and dance, make crafts and play with his friends.  He had a sweet group of kids in his classroom and was all smiles when I picked him up at the end of the day.  


His craft from today was this precious sponge painted shirt.  Each VBS participants made a t-shirt today during their craft time and the kids can wear the shirt for the rest of the week 
if they want.  I thought they turned out great and will make a wonderful keepsake!

I am so excited for what this week has in store.  I love serving during VBS week at our church and watching all of the sweet children having fun while learning about the Lord.

Today's Key Verse: "I love you, Lord; you are my strength." (Psalm 18:1)
What We Learned Today: God's love helps us stand strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment